Grip Strip is a closed-cell product. Under normal use, it will not cause out gassing. It's unique design provides an excellent fit and surface within the chink joint. This results in a savings in material used.
Trap Rod fills in the gaps on all around log homes where an elasmomeric chinking is used. Trap Rod reduces the amount of Chinking needed to effectively seal the gaps between logs. Chinking will not adhere to the Trap Rod, only to the logs.
Snugly fit the Trap Rod into the gap with the narrow side in. When spacing permits, apply Trap Rod around jams or joints of windows, doors and soffits.
Before you install Trap Rod make sure gap is free of moisture and foreign material. Directly place it into the gap using a blunt tool, face roller or the tips of your fingers. Apply Chinking over Trap Rod according to manufacturer's instructions.
- It provides a firm chinking or caulking surface
- Its shape and texture allow it to be easily installed without using staples, nails or glue
- It repels water. (Most open cell products absorb water)
- It’s compatible with all commonly available synthetic chinking
- It helps prevent blistering of chinking surfaces
- It provides extra insulation against heat loss
- It comes in a number of widths and it fits a wide variety of log styles
| Trap Rod grip strips are a closed-cell caulking and chinking adhesive that effectively fill in the gaps and openings on a log home or log cabin. Trap Rods reduce the amount of chinking used and will create a cleaner, more secure sealant for log homes and log cabins. The smooth shape and elastic structure of Trap Rod grip strips allow for easy installation without needing staples, nails or glue. Trap Rod grip strips repel water and are compatible with most common synthetic chinking brands. Trap Rod grip strips fit so snugly it actually provides a layer of insulation against heat loss.